[FPSPACE] question: Does Sokol suit really have provision fo opening for urination?

Geert Sassen geertsassen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 02:41:02 EDT 2013

>From the inerview with Cassidy at
http://www.spaceflightnow.com/station/exp35/exp35launch.html

"To use the restroom, you've got to undo the front part (of the suit) and
then pull it off over your shoulders," Cassidy said. "So we'll have
opportunities to semi get it off, we won't take it off all the way, but
just enough to kind of shake it out, use the restroom, get it zipped back
up and get back down. Realistically, I think one guy will do that in each
30 minute chunk."

The way I read this, it means they take the suit off almost completely
(pulling it over their shoulders), with only their legs still in the suit.
That would agree with the fact that there isn't any pressure bladder
opening.

Kind regards,

Geert.

--