[FPSPACE] Docking problems reported on first Shenzhou/Tiangong mission

JBC Gmail jbcharle at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 08:47:30 EST 2013

JimO,

Not to challenge Mr. Chesson's credibility or bona fides, but are there other sources which confirm his statements? I always wonder if reports that a capsule was built too light to dock or too fragile to survive docking (or too heavy to launch, in the case of Orion) haven't somehow been oversimplified.

Maybe it is just my recent immersion in the writings of Martin Caidin, but Mr. Chesson's comments as quoted in SciAm sound more "film noir-ish" than I expect from an ESA human spaceflight advisor.

John Charles

Sent from my iPad