[FPSPACE] Fwd: DALS part 2

Anatoly Zak agzak at optonline.net
Tue Jan 22 16:44:47 EST 2013

I don¹t know, but remember stories how severely mass-restricted LK landers
would be during descent to the lunar surface? Like Chertok¹s joke that it
could land only half a person? I think it is tempting to speculate that DALS
and similar ³luxuries² would be first to be sacrificed to save mass, at
least in first missions, before N1 could be upgraded for a larger payload.
If there was an option, which I doubt they would actually attempt, to
preposition an unmanned rescue LK at the landing site, they could deliver
all science payloads with that vehicle, IMHO.

Anatoly Zak
http://www.RussianSpaceWeb.com