[FPSPACE] Chang'e-2 -- why the silence?

Paolo Ulivi pao.ulivi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 06:02:56 EST 2013

there should be a total of at least 500 pics taken during the flyby. I
hope that they will someday archive them online as they did for Moon
images - see http://159.226.88.59:7779/CE1OutENGWeb/FileAction.do?actionType=init
observations by other instruments (radiometer and laser altimeter) had
been announced, but as they have common boresight as the science
camera, which apparently was not used, they were not used either.
I collected a few info on the monitoring cameras on CE-2 and they
apparently cleverly choose to use the only camera with a field of view
narrow enough (7.2 degrees, the other cameras had wide angle, fisheye
optics)
hopefully we will know more when they present some result at next
week's SBAG and at the LPSC in March.