[FPSPACE] Target of N-1 7L launch

Sven Grahn svengrahn at bahnhof.se
Thu Nov 22 09:43:49 EST 2012

Friends,

Peter Pesavento’s “The ghosts of Tyuratam: Wright-Patterson, the "SL-X", and what the US intelligence community knew during the Moon race”, Space Chronicle, JBIS, vol 65, Suppl 2, pp 71-90, 2012 arrived the other day and I have read this very interesting piece.

Again the fascinating subject of the target of the 7L launch is discussed. In Asid Siddiqi’s “Challenge to Apollo” we can read that t was intended for the Moon after an injection on a southbound pass near the equater and after a long stay in parking orbit (24 hrs?). In Peter’s article the NSA is quoted as believing that it was aimed away from the Moon like Zond 4.

I have done the simple analysis of where the orbital plane pointed and IMHO NSA is wrong and the account in “Challenge to Apollo” appears corrects. See my updated analysis here:

http://www.svengrahn.pp.se/histind/N1target/n1target.htm

What would we do without these mysteries?

Best Wishes

Sven

Mr Sven Grahn
Rattviksvagen 44