[FPSPACE] Golder Spike - affordable manned flights to the Moon

Marcus Lindroos mlindroo at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 14 06:51:24 EST 2012

> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 20:05:53 -0500
> From: drwoods at stny.rr.com
>

> The lander vehicle, shown sitting on the Moon seems a little too small
> to be feasible, but I could be wrong:
> http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/bad_astronomy/2012/12/06/goldenspike_lander.jpg/_jcr_content/renditions/original

I suspect it's little more than an illustrative back-of-the-envelope concept.E.g. the transparent "glass bubble" crew cabin would have thermal control problems and weight might be an issue too.
I am sure the people who are working on this are very credible, but (at least if Apollo and L3 are any indication-) the final operational lunar lander will be quite different.
Marcus Lindroos