[FPSPACE] What's in a name ?????

Phillip Clark phillipclark at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 22 04:07:44 EDT 2012

Sorry, Kees, but I have to totally disagree with you.

The correct names for the two Progress spacecraft which you name are Progress M-14M and Progress M-15M and NOT 46P and 47P respectively.   The latter designators are the figments of NASA's imagination and have no bearing on the correct names of the spacecraft.

When you read about Progress 1 do you think of the spacecraft launched in 1978?   Because in NASA-speak it's the first cargo freighter launched to ISS around two decades later.   This NASA-inspired use of incorrect spacecraft names causes confusion amongst those who do not know about those who think that ISS is the only space station that has ever existed.

It is as simple as that.   I never have and I never will take any prisoners on this subject.

Phillip Clark