[FPSPACE] Dennis Newkirk

Robert G Kennedy III, PE robot at ultimax.com
Thu Apr 19 18:59:28 EDT 2012

All,

This makes me very sad, and the date of Dennis's passing makes it all
the more poignant. There weren't a lot of us Soviet space sleuths to
begin with, and quite a few have departed our company in the last few
years. I knew him as a gifted colleague (which is to say, persistant,
insightful, and detail-oriented)in our little field, and a reliable
vendor. I did not know about his "day job". Interesting that he
managed all his writing and publishing activity in the midst of an
apparently challenging and rewarding career. I got to meet him once in
person, at the 40th anniversary of Sputnik up there in DC in October
1997, IIRC, where I met many of you-all.

--
Robert G Kennedy III, PE
www.ultimax.com