[FPSPACE] Dennis Newkirk

Asif Siddiqi siddiqi at fordham.edu
Wed Apr 18 23:39:08 EDT 2012

Dennis Newkirk passed away on April 12, 2012. He was the author (among many publications) of the wonderful Almanac of Soviet Manned Space Flight (1990).

He was a really great guy. Generous with his time and resources. I met him around '92 or so, and we got to be good friends soon after, sharing with each other everything we collected on the Soviet space program. He had a keen eye for Soviet space history and inspired many (including myself) with his generosity and good humor. He will be missed.

Asif Siddiqi

http://www.davenportfamily.com/UserFiles/Tools/Obituaries/showObit.cfm?obitID=1061&keepThis=true