[FPSPACE] Apollo 15: The Case of the Missing Panels

Chris Jones clj at panix.com
Wed Apr 18 20:25:45 EDT 2012

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 18:54:42 -0500 "Charles, John B. (JSC-SA211)"
<john.b.charles at nasa.gov> wrote:

> Plus remember that Gemini 6 contributed its re-entry control system to the
> Agena-replacement ATDA flown as a target for Gemini 9. (And Tom Stafford
> was on both 6 and 9.)

And I remember thinking, when Apollo 10 flew, that lunar orbit would be a
particularly disasterous place for something to prevent him docking with his
target for the third flight in a row (and Cernan was on Gemini 9 as well as
Apollo 10, so he also had had a jinxed history when trying to dock).