[FPSPACE] FIA Radar 2 picked up again today. Fading!

LARRY KLAES ljk4 at msn.com
Tue Apr 10 20:38:49 EDT 2012

Secret Satellite Promptly Detected in OrbitApril 10th, 2012 by Steven Aftergood  On April 3, the National Reconnaissance Office successfully launched a classified intelligence satellite into orbit from Vandenberg Air Force Base.  Notwithstanding the usual operations security measures, amateur satellite trackers were able to locate the satellite in orbit within a few hours and even to videotape its passage overhead. Last week’s launch is the first of four scheduled launches of NRO satellites in the next five months.  Last year, the NRO launched six satellites over a seven month period. “We are in the middle of a launch campaign with an unprecedented operational tempo across national security space programs,” said Gil Klinger, deputy assistant secretary of defense for space policy, at a March 8 hearing of the House Armed Services Committee. http://www.fas.org/blog/secrecy/2012/04/sat_detected.html From: svengrahn at bahnhof.se