[FPSPACE] Shame on you FPSPACE-ers

James E Oberg jameseoberg at comcast.net
Thu Mar 17 09:31:01 EDT 2011

Well, the top item on our president's agenda earlier this week was his picks in a national basketball tournement, but at least Charlie Sheen is no longer on the front pages.

Please do not be distracted by superficial appearances or by public gestures. Rest assured that when crises strike, it is the much-maligned US of A that rides in to carry the burden of relief -- both government agencies and private groups -- while UN and EU bureaucrats are still arranging their accomodations and per diem budgets.

But to be more serious: your apparent desire to impose 'thought control' {'approved' versus 'unapproved' talk] on specialized groups who share specialized interests is disturbing but again, for today's Europe, not surprising. Do not scold. If offended, leave.

And I am offended by people who sanctimoniously pose as the only persons here who have been horrified by this disaster's human cost -- and other costs. Still, unless provoked to a response, I figured it was just an opinion that I found repugnant, but so what? We don't yet make offending people a crime, at least, not in some countries.

Jim