[FPSPACE] Kremlin answer to space disasters -- squelchreportingonthem

Christopher Gorski cpgorski at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 10:05:45 EST 2011

Good grief:

   The Energomash plant can be accessed through holes in the fence, which
> it has no money to repair, Energia rocket and space corporation’s Senior VP
> Vladimir Osmolovsky told Izvestia .

...Yeah, this sounds like the problem was that there weren't enough
security-related laws.  Threats will clearly help here.

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 9:40 AM, James E Oberg <jeoberg at comcast.net> wrote:

> ** ************
> "Cute", and quite possibly endangered.
>
> Email her your encouragement and support.
>
> Public recognition is her only possible safety.

Jim, you're a journalist--any chance a story about Russian security trying
to punish whistleblowers will fly here?   Possibly with a mention of the
whistleblowers themselves? -- you know the subtleties of these things; I
take your word for it that a little bit of fame is a greater protection
than risk...

After all, the US is currently depending on Russian rocket technology
exclusively for our manned efforts.  Doesn't that make this a US strategic
problem as well?

--Christopher Gorski