[FPSPACE] another Russian launch failure?

Constantine A. Domashnev cdomashnev at acm.org
Fri Dec 23 17:30:42 EST 2011

> It says that fairing was preventing Fregat upper stage from firing, but we
> already know that the failure had taken place before Fregat had to start
> working!

To me, the RIA' source says it could be the case that the fairing
malfunctioned, and as a possible result (amongst other consequences) Fregat
could not fire.

An interesting question (to test feasibility of the 'fairing' hypothesis)
is: after how many seconds into the flight was the fairing supposed to
separate?

Thanks.

KD