[FPSPACE] Soyuz TMA-03M mascotte

Erkenswick, Tom M. (JSC-DM351) tom.m.erkenswick at nasa.gov
Wed Dec 21 12:27:01 EST 2011

Here you go:  http://ria.ru/science/20111221/522617500.html

Google translation with some corrections:

The commander of the third digital "Soyuz", which launched on Wednesday to the International Space Station, Oleg Kononenko, decided for the first time in many years to break the existing tradition of the cosmonauts, he will not take to space the talisman, which is an indicator of weightlessness after the launch of the spacecraft from the Baikonur Cosmodrome.

"I do not plan to take one, since there are other ways to determine the onset of weightlessness," - he said earlier in the pre-flight press conference in Star City.