[FPSPACE] Apollo Soyuz Test Project anniversary

David R. Woods drwoods at stny.rr.com
Fri Jul 16 15:34:59 EDT 2010

I seem to recall someone in this forum posting an interesting ASTP
related story many years ago.  I can not find it in the Archives, so I
hope it is not something I have "mis-remembered".

Anyway, the story was that after the docking portion of the mission was
concluded, both spacecraft separated to drift away.  One of the Apollo
crew members, according to the story, had brought along a little tape
recorder and proceeded to play it for the Soyuz crew.  In it you could
hear the sound of running water like a shower and girls giggling and
laughing in the background: a message for the Soyuz crew that they
should have stuck around for some of the fun.  Everyone had a big laugh
over it.  I can not find the original posting of it and have not found
it mentioned elsewhere, so I can not vouch for its authenticity.
However, if true, it makes a great story.

Dave