[FPSPACE] More on the Spy Swap....behind the scenes

James Oberg jameseoberg at comcast.net
Sat Jul 10 15:47:32 EDT 2010

Three of the four prisoners handed over from Russia
appear to be genuine US spies. Including Sutyagin with
them, a de facto confession of guilt by the US government,
will be a catastrophe for independent investigators in
Russia, I fear. With Sutyagin's trumped-up "guilt" now officially
acknowledged by the American government, the temptation
to threaten and even prosecute new victims will be hard to resist.

Wasn't there some way, on humanitarian grounds, to at
least get him shipped out on a different schedule and destination?