[FPSPACE] Griffin's true reasons for the sizing of the Ares 5

Jens Kieffer-Olsen dstdba at post4.tele.dk
Mon Jul 27 12:24:17 EDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: E.P. Grondine [mailto:epgrondine at hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2009 4:34 PM

> Hi Jens -
>
> It is truly infuriating for me personally to see the "lifeboat Mars"
> rationalization being trotted out by manned Mars flight "enthusiasts".

 The fact that prominent members of the NASA-topgunocracy such as
 von Puttkamer advocate this particular folly speaks volumes about
 NASA's non-commitment to both the NEO defence issue and to the dream
 of establishing a base camp on Mars.

 Let's be clear about the fact that Mars can never be an equal partner
 planet. Even terraformed and colonized the role of Mars will be that
 of a trophy planet.

--
Jens Kieffer-Olsen
Slagelse, Denmark