[FPSPACE] FW: Good article on secret shuttle missions

LARRY KLAES ljk4 at msn.com
Mon Jul 20 03:22:54 EDT 2009

NASA has a similar thing going on with acronyms.

There was an amusing episode of the animated version of The Tick

where an astronaut during a space mission made a spill and was told

to use the LAP, the Liquid Absorption Pad.

"You mean the paper towel?" the astronaut responded.

"Uh, yes," came the sheepish reply from Mission Control.

:^)