[FPSPACE] Habitable for microbes, Larry

David Portree dsfportree at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 5 20:24:26 EDT 2009

My reading on the reportage of the results of the Phoenix mission is that there's been a great deal of hype. All in all, the mission didn't work too good. Even if it had, its results would be mostly just another piece in the puzzle.

If the goal were only to clear Mars for piloted landings, then the cost would depend on how how much ambiguity we could accept. If we were willing to accept a whole lot of ambiguity, then it could be done within the context of currently planned robotic missions.

Of course, this is all blowing smoke, since it's unlikely that we'll be landing humans on anything any time soon.

David S. F. Portree

dsfportree at hotmail.com
dportree at usgs.gov

http://robotexplorers.blogspot.com/