[FPSPACE] "Russians Landed on Moon Before Americans" Telegraph article

LARRY KLAES ljk4 at msn.com
Sun Jul 5 12:10:38 EDT 2009

And note this related item from the article:

Sir Bernard Lovell claims Russians tried to kill him with radiation

Sir Bernard Lovell, the veteran British scientist behind Joddrell Bank telescope has disclosed how the Russians once tried to kill him with radiation for tracking the Sputnik satellite.

Published: 7:00AM BST 22 May 2009

Sir Bernard led the construction of the Jodrell Bank Radio Telescope which launched in 1959 and tracked the USSR's Sputnik satellite - the first in the world.

In a TV interview Sir Bernard confirmed that the Jodrell Bank was then used as the first "early warning device" of a Soviet nuclear attack.

And he says that put him in the front line - and the Russian military used radiation to try to kill him during a visit behind the Iron Curtain in 1963.

Sir Bernard has never spoken before about the attempt on his life but says he has written a detailed account which will not be published until after his death.

Sir Bernard said: "I think I should have been prevented from going to to the Soviet Union because they obviously knew we had been used as a defence centre.

"They tried to remove from my memory the fact that they had taken me to their own defence nucleus on the Black Sea coast, because they did not want news of what they had brought back to this country.

"I was jolly glad to see the lights of London on one return journey."

Full article here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/science/space/5362829/Sir-Bernard-Lovell-claims-Russians-tried-to-kill-him-with-radiation.html