[FPSPACE] Zak on 20th anniversary of Buran....

agzak at optonline.net agzak at optonline.net
Thu Nov 20 15:23:22 EST 2008

Jim:

Thank you. I actually learned that it was published from your message. In the meantime, I was justifiably reprimanded for neglecting the list when it comes to updates on the site, but I do invoke "crazy schedule" defense :) Anyway, here are few recent contributions to space journalism:

A little known story behind the origin of the space station on its 10th anniversary:

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/iss_fgb.html

History and artwork on the Spiral space plane to mark Buran's 20th anniversary. (Thank you to Vadim Lukashevich for blueprints of the vehicle):

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/spiral_development.html

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/spiral_orbiter_design.html

A virtual tour of Von Braun's first place of employment in rocket development and related history:

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/kummersdorf.html
http://www.russianspaceweb.com/a1.html
http://www.russianspaceweb.com/a2.html
http://www.russianspaceweb.com/a3.html

A look at future heavy-lifting vehicles, from Russian perspective:

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/angara7.html

...and last but not least, a broad look at the Russian space program in the first decade of the 20th century, as it rolls to a close:

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/russia_2000_2010.html