[FPSPACE] recent dump from ISS?

William Keel wkeel at bama.ua.edu
Wed Nov 19 21:01:48 EST 2008

I just watched an ISS pass from Kitt Peak, near the end of twilight so
it was very dark (circa 0153 UT). Anyone know a way to see whether ISS
or Endeavour just dumped water or something? I was pretty sure I saw a
stream of material ahead of ISS, 1-2 degrees wide and over 20 degrees
long (more like the surface brightness of zodiacal light than the
Milky Way, wouldn't have seen it from home). The stuff did seem to
vanish at the right time and place for the Earth's shadow.

Thanks,

Bill Keel

William C. Keel                                        205-348-1641
(office)
Professor and Leadership Board Faculty Fellow
Physics and Astronomy                          205-348-5051 (fax)
Box 870324                                              205-348-5050
(dept.)
University of Alabama                             http://www.astr.ua.edu/keel
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0324, U.S.A.    wkeel at bama.ua.edu