[FPSPACE] Questions about the Indian lunar mission

Peter Pesavento pjp961 at svol.net
Sat Nov 15 11:11:04 EST 2008

It is not clear to me, so I am asking the assembled here the following:

--the probe that "landed" didn't really, did it?  It was an "impact probe"?
As in smashed into the crater, and not a soft-landing?

--or was it a soft-landing?  The reports state it took 25 minutes to
"land".following ejection from the main orbiter.

--video was taken.will this video be released?

--does the lunar orbiter itself have imaging equipment?

Answers appreciated.