[FPSPACE] Spirit rover's power is running down, due to dust storms

agzak at optonline.net agzak at optonline.net
Wed Nov 12 11:11:50 EST 2008

It seems that some relatively simple solutions such as rotating or blowing solar panels with cold gas could resolve the problem and prolong these missions. I am wondering if anything like that is considered for future spacecraft. (Of course, placing an RTG on the rover eliminates the problem altogether).

Anatoly Zak
http://www.russianspaceweb.com