[FPSPACE] "Space agriculture" facility @ Wenchang

Allen Thomson thomsona at flash.net
Wed Nov 5 08:51:45 EST 2008

I'm not sure I understand what this is. Are they going to be developing technologies for long-duration autonomous life support?

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90776/6528131.html

A "space manor" to be built in Wenchang, Hainan
6:50, November 05, 2008

A "space manor" will be built as an auxiliary facility for China's fourth space launch center, which is scheduled to begin construction in Wenchang soon.

According to Sun Yongcheng, director of China's Center for Space Mutation Breeding, the planned "space manor" will include a demonstration base for space mutation breeding, a space spirulina production base, a carbon dioxide utilization project, an exhibition hall of space mutation breeding and a space restaurant.

He said that the theme of the "space manor" project will center on space agriculture and highlight the achievements of China's aerospace technology serving the agricultural industry.

By People's Daily Online