[FPSPACE] Carolyn Porco speaks at Boulder on April 28

LARRY KLAES ljk4 at msn.com
Tue Apr 15 23:44:54 EDT 2008

Quoted from Phil Plait's Bad Astronomy Blog:

http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/2008/04/15/carolyn-porco-speaks-at-boulder-on-april-28/

Carolyn Porco speaks at Boulder on April 28

Posted at 3:00 pm in Astronomy, Cool stuff, NASA, Science

Carolyn Porco, for those readers who been hiding under a rock for like the
past five years, is the imaging team leader for the Cassini Saturn probe.
Those incredible images returned from the mission? Yeah, she’s in charge of
that.

She is also a fantastic speaker. I’ve had the pleasure of hearing her give
talks twice, and both times she was riveting, presenting incredible images
from Saturn and waxing poetic on what we have learned.

If you life in the Denver/Boulder area, then run, do not walk, to reserve
your seats for her presentation At Saturn: Tripping the Light Fantastic on
the University of Colorado campus on April 28th at 7:30 p.m. I’ll be there,
too.

After her presentation at SpaceFest last year, Buzz Aldrin said she should
be "Secretary General of the United Nations of the Solar System". Come to
her lecture and see why.