[FPSPACE] JimO: Sputnik's Legacy

Jens Kieffer-Olsen dstdba at post4.tele.dk
Tue Sep 25 15:44:20 EDT 2007

 Ed,

 I take it that you prefer juvenile romance to officialese BS?

 From now on until 2037 the asteroid Apophis will loom ever larger
 over the intellectual horizon ( and in 2029 over the physical
 horizon too ), so the focus on Mars will correspondingly fade.

 Yet I believe the subsequent two decades will see public enthusiasm
 propel the Chinese - if noone else - all the way to Mars.

 What do you envisage?

 Hopefully not that some 'son of Wernher von Braun' will come out
 of nowhere ( or conquered Iraq ) to enable the USA to land primates
 on the Red Planet before the end of a mere three decades from to-day?

--
Jens Kieffer-Olsen
Slagelse, Denmark