[FPSPACE] Russia commemorates 150th anniversary of 'Father of Space Travel'

Jakob Terweij japio at dds.nl
Thu Sep 20 15:38:44 EDT 2007

At 3 o'clock in the afternoon all participants at thec 42 tsiolkovski
reading got together at the park in front of the museum wher the
monument is of the grave of Tsiolkovski. Together with cosmonauts
Sevastianov and Kaleri the govenor of Kaluga district laid flowers at
the monument followed by the rest of the group and children from a
school in Kaluga. After that we gathered at the drama theater in
Kaluga for the official opening of the readings. By russian traditian
many medals were given to as many people  The next two days the
reading went on at tyhe white house of Kaluga bu8t I did not think
many people where attending. I have seen pictures of older reading
where the rooms were full of people , but now in history session there
were no more than 25 people.But for me it was intersting . I met many
interesting people. I think if any one want to have another holliday
resort Kaluga is one. There is even a small beach on the Oka river.The
wodka is not that good but very cheap.So I am back in Korolov now and
will go next week to Saratov (Gagarin landing Site ) and Wogograd to
find out how far I can come to Kapustin yar.
Greeetings from your reporter on site
Jacob