[FPSPACE] The Discovery Enterprise: We Must Choose To Return to the Moon and Do the Other Things

Alex Michael Bonnici albonnici at vol.net.mt
Mon Sep 10 21:04:13 EDT 2007

Forty-five years ago president John Fitzgerald Kennedy affirmed our nation’s commitment to putting a man on the Moon before the end of the 1960s in the most stirring and inspiring speech ever given by any American president concerning our national space goals. In his “We Choose to go to the Moon” speech he asserted the need for the United States to lay claim to a firm leadership position in the new frontier of space and that the U.S. should "do it right and do it first before this decade is out.” The young American president linked our nation’s commitment to the exploration of space to our long term national political and strategic goals during our Cold War battle against the forces of international communism.

Four and a half decades later we must reassess and reaffirm this nation’s commitment to the high frontier of space and link that commitment to the present political realities we face as a nation in the post 9/11 world.

http://discoveryenterprise.blogspot.com/2007/09/we-must-choose-to-return-to-moon-and-do.html