[FPSPACE] Update on 100 Stories About Docking Volume II

David Woods drwoods1 at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 21 20:51:33 EDT 2007

Folks,

Chris Faranetta has sent me a note indicating that the second volume of
Vladimir Syromyatnikov's "100 Stories About Docking In Space And Other
Adventures" has been sent to an editor and should be ready for
publication in mid-January 2008.  Vladimir was the lead engineer for
docking systems at Energia and decided to write about his life's
experiences and all of the various projects he had worked on while
getting ready for the start of the join Shuttle-Mir docking missions.
Volume-I has been published in both Russian and English editions
covering his amazing childhood through to the completion of the
Apollo-Soyuz program.  An index of the planned contents of Volume-II was
printed at the back of Volume-I but it was feared that it would not get
published because of his untimely death about a year ago.  Apparently
the manuscript for Volume-II was in a sufficiently complete state that
it could be turned over to an editor and will be published within a few
months.  I am sure Chris will have more details on this as it nears
completion.

Dave