[FPSPACE] Fwd: sputnik

Jakob Terweij japio at dds.nl
Fri Oct 5 15:38:03 EDT 2007

Here is some news from the land of sputniks.
!0 days ago I was in Volgograd to find out the possibilities to visit
Kap Yar. Kap yar is an open village with cafe etc.
But Znamensk is still closed town (ZATO)But I was not arrested when I
was taking pictures of the KPP (gate)and the procedures.  Some
pictures from the wall surrounding the town anf
d some road signs, were enough for the fisrt time. I know now how to
go there and the price.Like I was at the gate of Baykonur and Svobodny
last year.
On the way back again by bus I stopped in Saratov to photograph the
Memorial at the landingsite of Yuri Gagarin.
Yeaterday we had a great party here in Korolov were they opened the
new Sputnik monument at Kosmonaut prospekt Everybody important was
there (from korolov) Daughter of Korolov < staff of Energya and a
busload of Veterans. I was with my 61 years the youngest in the bus.
After 2 o'clock nobody was working anymore in Sniimash, Energya Tsyp ,
KB Chimash and NIIIT there was everywere Banquet with a lot of wodka.

also check this out. Its the kaliningradka pravda from 22 september
with an interview with me
Follow the text till yo see Kosmic dutchman with nice picture
http://www.gazetakoroleva.ru/index.php?arhivyear=2007&month=9&number=2007106&st=65
I also was on local TV  so I am well known now overhere.
japio
Offcourse I was not invited as a foreigner but I had my own party with
wodka and caviar. 4 and 5 oktober there was in Moscow also a symposium
about sputnik one in IKI organized by academy of sciences. Also this
week went in to premiere the new fil about Korolov , I'll wait for the
DVD.So tomorrow we have only the 69 years of Korolov town with dancing
part etc  so again wodka I have a hard time overhere . so on wednesday
Ill go home after 2 month in Russia

Jakob Terweij
j van Lennepstraat 249C
1053 JD Amsterdam