[FPSPACE] It's a good thing history can be so flexible.

Susan Kaltenbach susan at atomicsupermen.com
Wed Oct 3 22:18:55 EDT 2007

Time is condensed by ABC Australia online news, but I'm afraid it's not very
entertaining:
(http://abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/10/04/2050629.htm?section=world)

"When Sputnik was lifted into space on October 4, 1957, it was humankind's
first step into the final frontier.  It was trumpeted by then Soviet leader
Nikita Khrushchev as a conquest that made the capitalist world look at the
Soviet Union in a different way.

"He was right. Shortly after, his American counterpart, John F Kennedy,
upped the ante. "I believe that this nation should commit itself to
achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon
and returning him safely to Earth," Mr Kennedy said."

I don't think we can put this one down to mis-translation.

Susan K.