[FPSPACE] How many hundreds of kilograms of radioactivematerial does Griggin want to launch over Floride?

Charles Vick cpvick at globalsecurity.org
Sat Dec 8 23:16:06 EST 2007

A word to the wise the entire Ares program is based on the national security
need requirements as I was directly told openly by personnel from the White
House recently. The National Security, geopolitical leadership issues are
the why and the driver. The Lunar effort is merely a means to an end besides
the science and technology requirements and maintenance of the industrial
base greatly reduced in this nation required to support US National Security
means.

Further the Ares-5 is being looked at as a major high earth orbit heavy
RECSAT launch vehicle with the advanced large telescopes long desired by NRO
and now finally possible along with other platforms under consideration.
Whether this will actually happen as presently conceived is uncertain. It is
just not for large astronomical space telescopes or manned lunar and
planetary flight.

Frankly the Ares-1 is woefully inadequate for the task forcing dangerous
launch vehicle and manned spacecraft compromised and the press has picked up
on it but is afraid to write it up at this juncture from what I have heard
repeatedly. I can see them having to add solid motor strap on to the large
solid motor to help compensate which is a real irony. That leaves me very
concerned and that is my two cents worth.