[FPSPACE] virus has still not peaked

DwayneDay DwayneDay <zirconic1@earthlink.net>
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:20:55 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Mansfield <simon@spacedaily.com>
Sent: Jan 29, 2004 6:55 PM

>but what's the difference between a letter on paper and a letter in bits
and bytes. You either want to write the words you write or you don't and
use a telephone. The point being, Presidential libraries are full of
letters on paper correspondence.

I dare say the reason so many national leaders and cabinet level
ministers/secretaries don't use email is that they have armies of other
people to type for them and they wouldn't know the difference between WiFi
and VoIP if it hit 'em in the head. They and I do say "they" as in most
politicians to date - are from another era and have no interest or
willingness to understand the geek world the meek shall soon inherit.

*******

We're going to get waaaay off-topic here, but I assure you that Bush does not use e-mail because of concern that the records could be obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.  He is no luddite.  After all, this is the guy who was photographed riding and falling off of a Segueway scooter.

DDAY