[FPSPACE] A view from the sidelines

Zeger Nuyens dokter.nuyens@pandora.be
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:57:33 +0100

--------------060804090700050305050209

>So, what is wrong then about Bush's plan? The content sounds reasonable
>(finish the ISS, retire the Shuttle, use the money for new projects, keep
>the proposed budget within what Congress might buy, mix robots with humans
>...), but I seem to sense a feeling that the proposer (Bush) is not the
>right one There seems a lack of trust(?).

I enjoyed reading your "view from the sidelines". Very sensible and
reasonable approach.
However, I find it hard to believe Nasa can find those 11billion it is
supposed to find within its own programs. The really big ones where
money can be taken are the Shuttle and the station and those two are
supposed to continue untill 2010(shuttle) and 2016(ISS). I really cannot
see where Nasa is going to take the money to start the CEV for
instance.  That 1 billion extra does not represent a serious effort. So
it might sound reasonable but I'm afraid there is a very dark and hidden
intent behind this.

--

Zeger Nuyens
dokter.nuyens@pandora.be

--------------060804090700050305050209

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
  <pre>So, what is wrong then about Bush's plan? The content sounds reasonable
(finish the ISS, retire the Shuttle, use the money for new projects, keep
the proposed budget within what Congress might buy, mix robots with humans
...), but I seem to sense a feeling that the proposer (Bush) is not the
right one There seems a lack of trust(?).</pre>
I enjoyed reading your "view from the sidelines". Very sensible and
reasonable approach.<br>
However, I find it hard to believe Nasa can find those 11billion it is
supposed to find within its own programs. The really big ones where
money can be taken are the Shuttle and the station and those two are
supposed to continue untill 2010(shuttle) and 2016(ISS). I really
cannot see where Nasa is going to take the money to start the CEV for
instance.&nbsp; That 1 billion extra does not represent a serious effort. So
it might sound reasonable but I'm afraid there is a very dark and
hidden intent behind this.<br>
<title></title>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:dokter.nuyens@pandora.be">dokter.nuyens@pandora.be</a> </font>

--------------060804090700050305050209--