[FPSPACE] Long March 5

Hgregory3b@aol.com Hgregory3b@aol.com
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:11:16 EST

In a message dated 1/18/04 6:46:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,
kgottschalk@uwc.ac.za writes:

>      No US Administration, Bush or post-Bush, is ever, ever, going to ask
> Congress for the funds for that again until AFTER the Chinese, or Indians,
or
> Russians, have successfully launched at least three SLVs in the 3000 ton
> range, & shows every sign of continuing to manufacture & launch them. So,
> brace yourself for a fifteen or twenty year wait.

We may have to wait 15 to 20 years to see a vehicle of this size fly again
from Amercian soil Keith.  But Russian still has the capability in the Energia
heavy lift transport system and China I am guessing, from what I have observed
is developing a Proton type medium lifter as I type this, most likely to be
christen Long March 5.

When I was in China last year, I saw the fire in the eyes of those young
scientists and their students, China is going to the Moon and could very well be
an ISS partner with in 5 years to 8 years at the most.

Cheers! Hugh