[FPSPACE] More on Hubble

Jonathan McDowell jcm@head.cfa.harvard.edu
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:47:06 -0500 (EST)

Via NASAWatch, a letter from Anne Kinney (who used to work at STScI):
 Dear Bob, Please allow me to correct an incorrect statement in your letter to the SOC. Code S did indeed identify funding to cover the
            SM4 slippage. But Code S did not oppose the decision of the Administrator. The decision was based, as you described in your letter, on
            safety. Code S fully supports the decision.

            Sincerely, Anne Kinney

            Anne L. Kinney
            Director, Astronomy and Physics Division

Nevertheless, I remain skeptical that this decision correctly
weighted safety.
  - Jonathan