[FPSPACE] elements/talking points of Bush's speech released....courtesy of Associated Press

Anatoly Zak agzak@optonline.net
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:40:26 -0500

Last Viking lander was shut down in 1982, I believe, i.e. six years after
landing, however it used RTG to operate.

I don't think there are any consumables onboard MER, therefore its lifespan
will be probably limited by the degradation of solar arrays, electronics
breakdowns and ... Money, I afraid. Remember, we prepare to send people on
Mars :)

Anatoly Zak
RussianSpaceWeb.com