[FPSPACE] One Billion Dollars

David M Harland dave.harland@ntlworld.com
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 00:11:24 +0000

>>these other things, continuing them would likely require only a
>>modest increase in the budget. The debate about preparing for Mars
>>...snip...
>You are in part talking about the taxes of people who haven't even
>been born yet. How can you say it's not new money.

Because if NASA were to continue to be funded at its current level,
it would consume over 400 billion in the next 25 years. Unless NASA
is shut down in the next decade, the agency will inevitably spend
such a sum. We're merely arguing about is how best that money should
be spent.

Anyway, I've said my piece for the members of the group and I have no
wish to repeat myself further.

dmh