[FPSPACE] A question: Can a billion dollars get us where we need to go?

Zeger Nuyens dokter.nuyens@pandora.be
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:23:19 +0100

--------------080903030606030608000801

Peter Pesavento wrote:

>If the answers to the above questions are "no," then what was the =
>purpose (in your opinion) of this speech at NASA headquarters?

Hmm...Get rid of the shuttle and the station.
I seem to remember (can't find the stuff right now) that Nasa's early
requirements for the OSP included emergency evacuation capability of the
ISS by 2010 and regular crew transportation by 2012 so that would fit
the timeline for the proposed CEV ( maybe OSP=CEV). Beyond that it looks
very misty. It took 8 years in the sixties to get us to the moon so it
should be possible in 10 years now, but will it with that budget?
I am afraid Anne Appelbaum takes the day; waiting for her comments...

--

Zeger Nuyens
dokter.nuyens@pandora.be

--------------080903030606030608000801

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Peter Pesavento wrote:<br>
  <pre>If the answers to the above questions are "no," then what was the =
purpose (in your opinion) of this speech at NASA headquarters?</pre>
Hmm...Get rid of the shuttle and the station.<br>
I seem to remember (can't find the stuff right now) that Nasa's early
requirements for the OSP included emergency evacuation capability of
the ISS by 2010 and regular crew transportation by 2012 so that would
fit the timeline for the proposed CEV ( maybe OSP=CEV). Beyond that it
looks very misty. It took 8 years in the sixties to get us to the moon
so it should be possible in 10 years now, but will it with that budget?<br>
I am afraid Anne Appelbaum takes the day; waiting for her comments...<br>
<title></title>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:dokter.nuyens@pandora.be">dokter.nuyens@pandora.be</a> </font>

--------------080903030606030608000801--