[FPSPACE] 2003 Space Launch Totals

Stefan Barensky stefan@orbireport.com
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 15:03:04 +0100

Le 7/01/04 6:25, « ed kyle » <edkyle99@hotmail.com> a écrit :

> According to Spaceflightnow, Arianespace plans to launch five
> major payloads in 2004, using five Ariane 5 rockets.  I don't think
> we'll see dual launches on Ariane 5 again until the 10-ton-to-GTO
> ECA variant is up and running again, perhaps in 2005.

Arianespace currently plans up to 7 launches with 8 primary payloads in
2004:

- 3 Ariane 5G+ with single payloads (Rosetta, SatMex 6 and Anik F2),

- 1 Ariane 5ECA qualification flight (XTAR-EUR, a MaqSat dummy and the
Sloshsat-FLEVO technology minisat),

- 3 Ariane 5GS including one dual launch to GTO (Syracuse 3A and Galaxy 14),
one single GTO (iPStar) and one multiple SSO (Helios 2A, four Essaim
eavesdropping minisats and the Parasol science minisat).

AFAIU, the uncertainty on two launches comes from the actual decision by
SatMex investors (the satellite is waiting in Kourou) and the delivery date
of iPStar.

In 2003, Arianespace launched four times, a record low since 1987.
--

Stefan Barensky
Senior Space Editor