[FPSPACE] New web article about the Soyuz-11 disaster

Sven Grahn svengrahn@mail.wineasy.se
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:10:40 +0100

Dear Friends,

I have added a little piece to my web site called "The Soyuz-11 disaster".
It is a modest revisit of this tragic episode in which I try to connect old
and new facts and - as usual - the radio tracking aspect of the event. One
fact that seems to come out of the little article is that there seems to be
some confusion as to which kind of valve it was that killed the crew: was
it a valve intended to open during descent or at landing? Some sources
(www.astronautix.com) say that the valve was to open at 4 km while
"Challenge to Apollo" indicates it would open on the ground. Given the fact
that the pressure in the decsent vehicle was 1 atmosphere, it seems more
logical to open a pressure equalisation valve on the ground than 4 km
up.....? Food for discussion?

* Go to my web site http://www.users.wineasy.se/svengrahn
* Click on What's New?
* Select entry for 14 January 2002.

Best Wishes

Sven Grahn

Mr Sven Grahn | Kettering Group
Rattviksvagen 44, S-192 71 Sollentuna, Sweden
Tel: +46 8 7541904, svengrahn@wineasy.se
http://www.users.wineasy.se/svengrahn/