[FPSPACE] NMD and FPSPACE

Jens Kieffer-Olsen Jens Kieffer-Olsen" <dstdba@post4.tele.dk
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 20:08:19 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "james oberg" <joberg@houston.rr.com>

> Forgive me for suspecting that if the US had done this unilateral
> intervention, there would have been howls of protest about 'US
> imperialism' and disrespect for cultural diversity, from people all
> over the world, and maybe from Jens among them.
>
> From: Jens Kieffer-Olsen <dstdba@post4.tele.dk>
> > If the US had 'policed' the Taliban-controlled parts of Afghanistan
> > much sooner, not only would the WTC have been saved but also -
> > and not least - the lives or life quality of a great number of
> > Afghan men and women, not to mention cultural world heritage
> > such as the Buddha statues at Bamyan.

 Now as it happens I have never had reason to protest about US
 'imperialism'.  What makes you think I might be into such an act?

 With the benefit of hindsight I have called for a reconciliation
 between Vietnam-war hawks and so-called draft dodgers, since it was
 after all the acceptance of US defeat in Saigon that paved the way for
 the 'old guard' communists in Moscow to do likewise, wasn't it?  And
 if so, the losses suffered by both sides served a higher purpose.

 But you are right that it is not as easy as it sounds to police without
 fault.  The good work comes to nothing, if the wrong guy is victimized!

--
Jens Kieffer-Olsen
Slagelse, Denmark