[FPSPACE] Death in space

Woods, Dave dave.woods@lmco.com
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 12:50:12 -0400

I believe the original Vostoks were placed in extremely low orbits
that would insure a natural decay within the time duration of the
life support systems.  Phil is right, in that at the present time,
piloted spacecraft are in much higher orbits that will not bring
them down soon enough.  That retro burn has to happen for a
safe return.

Dave