[FPSPACE] South Africa's Space and Ballistic Missile Programmes

Dwayne Allen Day wayneday@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:47:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 M.Wade@iaea.org wrote:

> New on the Encyclopedia Astronautica:
>
> The untold story of South Africa's Ballistic Missile and Space Program:
>
> Full Technical Description of South African RSA-4 Peacekeeper-class booster
> / ICBM:

What are the sources for this information?  There is a publication titled
"Introduction to the RSA-4 Launch Vehicle," but there is obviously other
information in the first page from other sources.  How many times were the
vehicles tested?  And are comments that they could have become ICBMs based
upon speculation or South African sources?

I know there is somebody out there writing a history of the SA bomb (I
forget his name) and wonder if someone is doing something similar on the
SA missile program.

DDAY